Grace Church of Aiken Values & Beliefs
About the Bible
We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only trustworthy and authoritative word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:14; Ephesians 2:18).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His perfect and atoning sacrifice of death on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal, visible, and physical return in power and glory (Matthew 1:20-23; 1 Corinthians 15:1-7; Acts 1:10-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who lives inside those who are Christians so that they may live a godly life (John 16:7-14; Galatians 5:16-26).
- We believe in salvation by God’s grace alone, received as a gift of God through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7; 1 Peter 1:18-19).
- We believe that salvation is only possible by the working of the Holy Spirit and that man is incapable of rescuing himself from sin or death (Acts 4:12; Romans 5:12; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18)
We believe in Satan as the great adversary of God and His people, his judgment, and final doom (Revelation 12:1-20; John 12:31; Revelation 20:10).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to the resurrection of life, and the lost to the resurrection of judgment (Matthew 25:46; Revelation 20:11-15).
- We believe in the local church, her witness to the whole world, the appropriate use of spiritual gifts, and the observance of the practices of baptism and communion (Matthew 28:18-20; John 13:1-17; 1 Corinthians 11).
We are members of Charis Fellowship formerly called the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches.